Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Legend Continues

I have confirmation that the Muffin Man is coming to Dubai. It's all very exciting!

The Muffin Man is Mike Scott. He got this name because every year he makes baskets of home made muffins for the various box office at the Toronto Film Festival on their busiest day (single ticket day).

This year he made muffins even though I was no longer working at the festival. He dropped them off in big baskets with a note explaining the legend. Lindy helped to expand upon this when asked where the muffins came from she replied that they came from the muffin man and made him sound very mysterious. The following day, when the muffins were gone, Lindy filled the baskets with chocolate which the staff assumed were from the Muffin Man and thus the legend was solidified.

Well this year the Muffin Man is coming to Dubai. He even asked if there was an oven in the hotel room.

The boy is incorrigible. Truly. I wonder if the kids here know what muffins are? They will soon.

Yay Muffin Man

1 comment:

Mike said...

Well I guess that answers my question about whether I can just buy the muffins when I get there...