Thursday, November 15, 2007

What don't they deliver

You can get every type of food delivered to you in Dubai.

The corner store delivers. Mom and Pop's kebab stand delivers. McDonalds delivers. Starbucks delivers. That's right you can get a McArabia meal brought right to your desk at work. I haven't partaken of this yet and probably won't. I have a morbid fear of styrofoam containers - yep, they use 'em here.



You have no idea how weird it is to have the delivery guy walk in with a latte he's trying to deliver.





Ah the land of decadence ....





Speaking of, a few days back a group of us went to the Grand Cineplex which is one of the venues we're using for the festival. It's a nice theatre very similar to the multiplexes we have in T.O. What was cool though is that we were super early and so we decided to walk over the WAFI mall and look around.





This mall has an ancient Egypt theme. The outside is totally covered in heiroglyphics, oblisks and reproductions of statues from famous tombs. All done is very great detail. The decoration even extends into the car park. No stone unturned kids!



These statues are as big as they look. The mall is pretty much all high end stores. I looked around but didn't find a set of Christmas lights. I will continue my search at the crazy mall near our hotel. I mean it's about the size of the GTA - there must be lights in there somewhere.

There will be holiday spirit here, my friends. Oh yes, there will.

I just posted some pictures to my facebook account because blogspot hates me. Take a look when you get a chance!

Dubai Temp: 37 degrees with the humidex.

Dubai Time: 6:43pm


No comments: